Thursday, 10 November 2016

He is Still on the Throne

As tempted as I am to comment on the recent US election, I will, for the most part, refrain. As I have said, I was not a great fan of either candidate.
But one thought does come to mind; John, who recorded for us the Revelation of Jesus Christ, was given a vision:
After this I looked, and there before me was a door standing open in heaven. And the voice I had first heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, “Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this.”  At once I was in the Spirit, and there before me was a throne in heaven with someone sitting on it.  And the one who sat there had the appearance of jasper and ruby. A rainbow that shone like an emerald encircled the throne. (Rev 4: 1-3)
Well, the day after the election there is still someone sitting on the throne and He is still in control. Nothing in this world happens that He does not either cause or allow. Whatever happened on election night happened somehow within His will and with His permission, and whatever we may think of circumstances, God's will is still, ultimately, good, pleasing and perfect. Exactly how this all plays out remains to be seen.

And my own mission remains the same;
"...my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace. (Acts 20:24)
Take Care, and invite a friend to Alpha.

John

(Cross posted at An Alpha Diary)

No comments: