Wednesday, 15 June 2016

Party At The End Of The World


I thought this was a particularly poignant phrase to describe the recent massacre at the Orlando gay nightclub. I suppose I should begin with the de rigeur assurance that, "our thoughts and prayers are with... etc, etc." I don't mean to be disrespectful or hard-hearted by saying that, because my prayers really are with those affected by this tragedy. In fact, I sent an email to a local gay-friendly church here in Edmonton whose minister I have met and spoken with. I cannot begin to know or understand what sadness they must feel, and even though we differ in opinion with respect to matters of sexuality, I know their pain is real, and I wish them the peace that can only come from the God of all comfort.

But Check out Mark Steyn's site and listen especially to the first (left's official lie) and third (Party at the end of the world) audio links. Many in the West seem to be partying while the enemies are at the gates.

Meanwhile, things are happening in the Kingdom that don't get so much notice.

I comment only in passing on the events of the day, reminding myself constantly not to pay so much attention to the news and to remember that God is in control. As I say on my other blog...

"...I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace. (Acts 20:24)"

That is my passion, my purpose and my mission. I just have to keep coming back to that myself.

Just sayin'

Take Care


No comments: