Tuesday, 22 March 2016

Check Out Some Old-Time Rock 'n' Roll



I get emails from Holy Trinity Brompton, birthplace of Alpha. They often include, just for fun I suppose, You Tube links to various videos.

Long story short, one of these was to a live performance by Little Richard. It was not that impressive, but through it, following other links, I came to this video, originally recorded in 1969 on Tom Jones' TV show. The fact that it included Jones, whom I have always considered a crooner to middle-aged women (no insult to anyone intended, just what I believe was a true reflection of  the major demographic of his audience) , made me check it out, just for curiosity's sake. but, surprise, surprise, it's pretty good. Little Richard's first album was one of the first ones I owned, back in the day.

If you like rock 'n' roll you'll love this.

Take Care



No comments: