Monday, 27 July 2015

Biohistory and the Decline of the West



Here is a rather long interview with the author of a book I have previously mentioned, "Biohistory," tracing the decline and fall of civilizations throughout history, and predicting the impending decline and fall of our own.

The encouraging thing is that he feels there is something we can do to prevent it in our own case. It will not be easy, and will demand a great deal of discipline and determination.  One of the factors in preventing this coming decline and fall must be a revival of religion and the constraints it imposes on  us humans whose nature it is to be self centered, self indulgent and morally licentious.

So that's where our passions cross paths. My own prayer is to see a religious revival, or at least as many people as possible transferred from the dominion of darkness to the Kingdom of Light. In my case it is not necessarily to prevent the decline of our civilization (although that would be nice), but for the glory of God and the sake of those who do not yet know Him. In any case, as the Apostle Paul says,
...what does it matter? The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached. And because of this I rejoice. (Philippians 1:18)
So, as I am somewhat biased, if you are reading this, find an Alpha or run one.

Take Care

I suppose I should add that I've been around long enough to have heard a number of these predictions of societal doom; from global cooling to global warming to over population to nuclear holocaust. This one may be no different. It's just interesting to see them come and go. As I have said, I'm not a prophet, just an observer.

No comments: