Tuesday, 3 June 2014

#YesAllWomen - Creating Awareness™?


From here...

Read the whole thing, but here are a couple of things I see worthy of special note.

First, this graph, illustrating the relative danger of violence against women by, "Intimate partners" according to household composition.

Note that the safest situation, by far, for a woman is within a traditional marriage. Note also that by far the most dangerous situation is to be a single mother, probably either with a boyfriend or live-in partner. Of course, this cannot be discussed.

The second item I find of note is the map at the top of the story, a time-lapse image showing the geography of #YesAllWomen tweets. The vast majority of tweets come from the most privileged areas of the world, where women probably have the most rights, yet where I would say the sense of societal entitlement (not just women) is also the greatest.

There are solutions to a great many of the world's problems, but, as the saying goes, "There are none so blind as those who will not see."  The two most straightforward, and I believe most effective can be found here...

Take Care

h/t my friend @CatholicJosh

4 comments:

Warren said...

I suspect the linked article may have some valid points to make, but the writing is so poor that I couldn't be bothered to hack through it all.

John K said...

You should read some of her other stuff. It's like she thinks on her keyboard and then posts without rereading or editing. My point was to highlight the things I did, which I think are worthy of note.

Warren said...

Your writing style is much better.

John K said...

Thanks.
But my son-in-law may not agree with you.
Because he is an English teacher.
And he says I begin too many sentences with conjunctions.
But I'm not so sure I do.
So, thanks again, and blessings.