Friday, 13 December 2013

Darwin's Doubt

Eric Metaxas and Stephen Meyer, author of, "Darwin's Doubt" discuss Intelligent Design on Vimeo.



It appears that the hard-core Darwinists of today are as closed-minded as what they accuse the Church as being historically. They are the modern equivalent to flat-earthers. We are told the science is settled? Science is never settled. It always investigates, always questions, always examines all evidence and all possibilities.

Over an hour, but fascinating.

Take Care

6 comments:

David said...

That was excellent - thanks.

Warren said...

John, I assume you're a creationist, but I'm curious as to whether you rule out the possibility that God could have used evolution, in any form, when he created the universe and all that it contains?

John K said...

Are you asking if I am a theistic creationist? No. If one accepts the validity of Genesis 1:1, I believe evolution (what we might call "Darwinism")becomes redundant and unnecessary. A certain amount of change over time seems obvious, but a common ancestry for all of life, for instance? No.

Warren said...

Are you a YEC (which infers belief in a literal six-day creation)? I don't have dogmatic beliefs in this area, but definitely lean away from YEC (although I certainly believed it in my younger days).

John K said...

I'm with you, but not even in my younger days. I've always been willing to accept that the universe is billions of years old. Gen 1:1 says, "in the beginning." It doesn't say when the beginning was.

John K said...

Just to clarify my first comment, I believe humans were created as human, not descended from any other species.