Thursday, 3 October 2013

You Have Saved the Best 'Til Now

“Everyone brings out the choice wine first and then the cheaper wine after the guests have had too much to drink; but you have saved the best till now.” (John 2:10)

Great things are happening in Alberta, Canada. Alpha is on fire. We have hundreds of churches offering  even more hundreds of courses this fall.

But some are new to Alpha, and not sure of what to expect. I have spoken recently to a few who seem disappointed with the numbers attending. One of these was a local pastor Monday evening who was wondering whether to cancel her course because her church had only 3 or 4 guests registered. I told her I could not make this decision for her team, but the decision, with prayer, would be theirs.
 
Then I told her about what I consider, humorously perhaps, my most successful course. It consisted of my wife and I and two guests in front of our home TV. One guest was already a Christian and the other came to faith on the course, so I can claim that by the end of the course, 100% of my guests had become Christians.

The following evening she then came to my house to pick up some resources because by that time they had 10 people registered.

 The real point is to take the long view. Not all such prayers are answered so quickly, but I believe that every effort we make in accordance with God's will, will somehow bear fruit - even if we don't see it immediately.   The key is not to give up - Jesus sometimes saves the best for later. And later may be just ahead.
 
Take Care

No comments: