Friday, 26 July 2013

Federal Government Bans, "Bless You!"

From here...
The Department of Employee Well-being for the government released their list of phrases no longer permitted in federal work environments and topping the list is saying "bless-you" after someone sneezes. Other phrases include: "OMG," "cheers" and "thank heavens."
Is this not the silliest thing ever? Maybe it would be OK if we said, "Damn you!"

Yeah, I think I got punk'd.
 
Take Care

(Updated: It was brought to my attention that perhaps I should not have unilaterally removed this post, so here it is back again to wind its way down the board as more posts come online.)

3 comments:

David said...

Thanks for giving me ideas on what to say the next time I'm in a government office.

Anonymous said...

Following the links back, it looks like this came from the radio show "This is That" originally - which is a spoof program. Have you been taken in??

Nancy

John K said...

Hey, maybe! It seemed too silly to be real.