Tuesday, 29 May 2012

Doc Watson

Doc Watson has died at the age of 89. I have always liked Doc Watson, although listening to him or any other extremely talented musician has always filled me with mixed feelings; at once, great admiration at his skill, and at the same time a little bit of sadness that I cannot play like that.

I remember a time (Don, if you see this you may remember too) when Kim's uncle, I think it was, a Northern Ontario fiddling champion, was playing for a bunch of us in the rec room. I could only sit in awe, mesmerized by his talent. I sort of played the guitar at the time, as I sort of do even now. He wondered if I wanted to join him, but I declined. All I wanted to do was sit and listen to him.

But this is how I would love to be able to play the guitar.

Take Care

No comments: