Monday, 30 March 2009

What I Did For Earth Hour

Earth hour was the hour between 8:30 and 9:30 one day last week when people were asked to dim all non-essential lighting for one hour to raise awareness of global warming. First of all, let me say that I always turn off non-essential lights, a habit I began learning about 6o years ago from my dad, who was always bellowing, "Who left this light on."

But I did earth hour one better. I dimmed all my lights from about 11:00 PM until 7:00 AM the next day. In fact, maybe I'll do that from now on.

I sure feel good I'm doing my part. It's really good for the conscience.

Take Care

(File in, "Silly and meaningless symbolic gestures to assuage the conscience and make you think you are actually accomplishing something" department.)

2 comments:

Dave Groff said...

You cynical old man! I love it. Thanks John.

Don said...

Thanks for the insights (and tips on how to help reduce global warming)

All this while I didn't know why I was going to bed @ 9:00. Perhaps the answer is that sub consciously I have been doing more for the cause than others - including you

11:00 to 7:00? Such a waste!

Don