Tuesday, 27 January 2009

The Funniest Templar

I haven't posted much lately, but this one I couldn't resist. I spent (wasted) a couple of hours each of the last two nights watching the NBC movie, "The Last Templar," based, apparently on the, "best selling novel." I don't know about the novel, but the movie was an amateurish joke. The whole thing was a knock off on the silly "DaVinci Code" genre, but the funniest moment was when some ancient Templar knights made their escape from Jerusalem by boat and stood on the deck of their ship in the Mediterranean watching the city burn(!!!)

You would have thought that someone involved would have done at least enough research to see that Jerusalem is miles inland and neither visible or accessable from the sea.

Take Care

2 comments:

David said...

I watched some of the first part. It was so bloody awful in every possible way - acting, script, accuracy - I couldn't stand it and turned it off.

It wasn't even entertaining in the mind-numbing way that is normally the highest achievement of a TV - or film, come to think of it - production.

John K said...

"It was so bloody awful in every possible way - acting, script, accuracy - I couldn't stand it and turned it off."

You're right, of course, but whether for the comedic value or because my mind was irreversibly numbed, I watched the whole thing. I even masochistically returned for the second night. It is amazing to me that someone in charge somewhere watched it, stood back, and said, "Yup, that's good. Let's run it."