Wednesday, 15 October 2008

What's your theological worldview?

Try This Quiz... I'm not sure how the quiz is scored according to the questions posed (some were rather vague and not quite to a particular point, in my opinion), but let me know how you make out.

Here are my results:

You Scored as Reformed Evangelical
You are a Reformed Evangelical. You take the Bible very seriously because it is God's Word. You most likely hold to TULIP and are sceptical about the possibilities of universal atonement or resistible grace. The most important thing the Church can do is make sure people hear how they can go to heaven when they die.

Reformed Evangelical 89%
Fundamentalist 75%
Neo orthodox 68%
Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan 61%
Roman Catholic 46%
Emergent/Postmodern 36%
Classical Liberal 36%
Charismatic/Pentecostal 25%
Modern Liberal 11%

I have no idea how I got 46% Roman Catholic, seeing as how I answered the questions on Mary and the Pope in complete disagreement. It may be that I gave some importance to Holy communion (my Anglican background, I suppose). The 11% in the modern liberal category is even more of a puzzle. As far as I know, I don't have a modern liberal bone in my body.

Take Care

4 comments:

Jonathan D. Groff said...

Here are my results. I must say that I don't know what half of the categories even mean. I would probably say that fundamentalist suits me, but those of you who know me and the categories can comment on that. A vast majority of those questions are useless without context or more information (to me anyway) I found myself in the middle a lot because of that. There were also some absolutes that I found a bit odd, and other absolutes that I clearly agreed or disagreed with.

You Scored as Fundamentalist

You are a fundamentalist. You take the Bible as the foundation of your faith and read it very literally, and it shapes your worldview. Non-fundamentalist Christians have watered-down the Gospel in your view, and academic study of the Bible stops us from 'taking God at his word.' Science is opposed to faith, as it contradicts basic biblical truths.

Fundamentalist
79%
Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan
68%
Charismatic/Pentecostal
61%
Neo orthodox
54%
Reformed Evangelical
54%
Emergent/Postmodern
36%
Classical Liberal
25%
Roman Catholic
11%
Modern Liberal
7%

Warren said...

It looks like I still need to get my Arminianism separated from my Calvinism (my wife definitely thinks I'm a Calvinist); but I've definitely departed from my Pentecostal upbringing. I've done this quiz 2 or 3 times over the past few years and I think I get a different result each time.

Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan (79%)
Reformed Evangelical (75%)
Neo-orthodox (64%)
Emergent/Postmodern (57%)
Fundamentalist (54%)
Roman Catholic (54%)
Classical Liberal (39%)
Charismatic/Pentecostal (25%)
Modern Liberal (7%)

John K said...

Jon
"A vast majority of those questions are useless without context or more information (to me anyway)"
I agree. When you put it that way, that was my thinking exactly. I just didn't know how to phrase that opinion.

The Nicky said...

Here's my results; I'm not even sure what this means. I guess I need to do more reading on Wesley, since I seem to be "heavily infulenced" by his teachings!

Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan 89%
Reformed Evangelical 79%
Emergent/Postmodern 71%
Neo orthodox 68%
Fundamentalist 57%
Charismatic/Pentecostal 57%
Classical Liberal 39%
Modern Liberal 36%
Roman Catholic 29%