Sunday, 6 July 2008

40 Years


Today was our 40th anniversary. 40 years ago, in Toronto, an incredibly goofy-looking guy and a wonderfully gorgeous girl promised to spend the rest of their lives together. And today I believe I can say with confidence that this still goofy guy and this even more beautiful woman, after a few ups and downs over the years, are still on their way to making those promises a reality. The adventure continues. Love and feelings change over time, and I take more naps now, but I can honestly say that I don't think I could ever have loved her more than I do now.

Happy Anniversary Eva. I love you.

John

12 comments:

Warren said...

Happy anniversary!

John K said...

Thanks Warren. I meant to say something about the 40 years not being spent in the wilderness (not all of it anyway) ;)

Jonathan D. Groff said...

Congratulations and happy anniversary. You are a great example that marriage does work.

jen g said...

AWWWWWW..... sooooo sweet! And yeah, you still are goofy looking!

John K said...

Hey Jen,
If you weren't my kid, with my sense of hbumour, I'd be deeply hurt.

The Nicky said...

A hearty congratulations to both of you...such inspiration! (My wife and I have 14 years now, just a drop in the bucket!) May God continue to bless you!

Scott said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Scott said...

Congratulations! May you have many more years of joy and love.

That photo is awesome.

John K said...

Thanks, Scott.

Which photo, us, the storm clouds, or Ringo?

stauf46 said...

Sorry this is belated, but happy anniversary, John and Eva! That's a wonderful milestone!

HOT 60 year old said...

Hey Johnny
You're so sweet. Love you lots
Eva

Scott said...

John K,

The photo of you and Eva on your wedding day. It's great!