Monday, 16 June 2008

Our Apology, Matthew Coon Come's Response

Last week the federal government issued an apology to the aboriginal peoples of Canada over their treatment by the residential school system. I have touched on my thoughts of this unjust and ill-conceived system, the paternalistic attitudes that were responsible for, and experience with its lasting disastrous legacy in other posts, but what I wanted to link to here was Matthew Coon Come's very touching and elequent response to the government's apology.

This was part of a special edition of 100 Huntley Streey. Unfortunately, I cannot link directly to the exact portion, but links to the program are below. Matthew's testimony, in which he declares his personal relationship with Jesus Christ, begins at the 36:48 mark. It will take a while to download, but I hope you will have the patience to wait for it.

Here are the links,
High
Low

Take Care

No comments: