Thursday, 5 June 2008

Ayaan Hirsi Ali Interviewed by Avi Lewis

Watch this interview from last year by Avi Lewis on his Television program. Lewis is the son of famous NDP'er Stephen Lewis, and the apple does not appear to have fallen very far from the tree. He is a pathetic ultra-liberal apologist with a forum, in my opinion, solely because of the name and postion of his father. This is ironic, because during the interview he blurts out that one can only become somebody in America through money and connections.

Ms Ali owned Mr Lewis in this piece. She was patient and soft-spoken, but perceptive and intelligent, and quick to answer all of Mr Lewis' attacks. Lewis comes across as a cliche-spouting left-wing hack. The interview takes a minute or so to begin and there is a brief introductory bio of Ms Ali.

In my opinion, the highlight of the interview is her final statement to Lewis,
"...I lived in countries that had no democracy... so I do not find myself in the same luxury as you do. You grew up in freedom and you can spit on freedom because you don't know what it is not to have freedom..."

This is not a Christian peice. In fact, Ms Ali, at one point, calls parts of the Christian and Jewish faiths "obsolete." What it is, in my opinion, is an example of the expression of certain shallow and narrow-minded liberal doctrine and how clearly it can be refuted, at least as it was presented in this interview.

Take Care

1 comment:

r O b E r T said...

Thanks for posting this interview. I read Ali's book last year, and was glad to be able to witness her composure in the face of Lewis' bullying.
While I know that you and I would not see eye to eye on a number of issues (I've been checking in on A Reasonable Faith for a while now), I did want to send a thanks for this clip.
keep on with your faith journey,
best,
r O b E r T