Friday, 16 May 2008

This Really Get's My Goat

In the "Faith" column in a local newspaper the town's Lutheran pastor gives this sentence,
God's intention for us is to have life and that it be radiant life built on God's grace...

Notice how awkward is the grammar in that sentence, all for the purpose, in my opinion, of avoiding using masculine language for God. How much more natural would it have been to have said, "...built on His grace..."

I have noticed this is common practice among liberal, "Christians," most notably the last time I read the text for a, "World Day of Prayer" service.

They probably see themselves as bending over backwards to be inclusive. I think it's just silly.

Take Care

3 comments:

Warren said...

What synod?

John K said...

It's the Evangelical Lutheran Church.

Warren said...

Enough said.