Friday, 9 May 2008

A VIP Story

For those of my readers who don't know, I manage a Truck Accessory Store.

Today we installed some accessories on a truck for the Town of Edson Fire Department. When the chief came in to pick up his truck this afternoon, he was driven to the shop by our mayor. It reminded me of this story, which you may have heard.
The Pope was in New York, giving a Mass at Madison Square Gardens, but his hotel was on the other side of town. He was held up and running late and called for his limousine. Fully decked out in his robes and mitre he was seated in the back of the limo as they left for MSG. The limo driver was driving extremely carefully, considering who his passenger was, observing all the traffic laws and taking corners very slowly. The Pope, however, realizing they were not going to make it on time, was getting impatient. Finally he could stand it no longer.

"Here," he said to the driver, "You get in the back and let me drive!" So they made the switch. The Pope put his foot to the floor and drove like a madman, trying to make up time. But a cop noticed the speeding limo, pulled it over and walked up to the driver's window. As the Pope rolled down the window, the cop exclaimed, "Oh my goodness!", walked back to his motorcycle and radioed HQ. "Captain," he said, "I've got a situation here. I've pulled someone very important over for speeding and I'm not quite sure what to do."

"Well, how important is he?" asked tha captain, "Is he as important as the mayor?"
"I would say more important than the mayor," replied the policeman.

"Is he as importtant as the governor?"
"I would say more important than the governor."

"As important as the presicdent?"
"Maybe even more important than that!"

"Well," asked the Captain, "Just who is this guy?"
"I don't know," replied the cop, "But his chauffer is the Pope!"

Take Care

No comments: