Friday, 7 March 2008

It is late in the day for this, but would you please pray for the election of Bishop of Edmonton tomorrow (Saturday March 8). I don't know what is appropriate to say here, but I have a sense that the diocese might just pick a bishop who will lead them the same direction of much of the rest of the church, that is, away from the truth and into error. If I am wrong in this, may I be forgiven for thinking this way, and forgiven for expressing those thoughts here.

That having been said, I can't escape the feeling that this may be a part of a continuing, 'shaking out' process, the beginnings of which we have already seen in places like Niagara, Ottawa, New Westminster and elsewhere in the Anglican world. The verse that keeps recurring in my mind and will not depart is this:
Then I heard another voice from heaven say:
"Come out of her, my people,
so that you will not share in her sins,
so that you will not receive any of her plagues;(Revelation 18:4)

I expect to be returning to Edmonton and my Anglican church home this summer. What kind of hornet's nest awaits, I do not know. What I do know is that God is in control. His will will be done.

Take Care

No comments: